Sunday, December 21, 2008

Pack It Up

Saturday was packing day, and I don't mean packing things into boxes; rather, I mean packing the moving truck and my car. From previous posts, you should know by now that I have a lot of stuff and this was a dauting ordeal.

My dad is probably sick of moving my stuff up and down stairs at this point in my life, but luckily he was up for the challange. Thankfully, he had the help of my friend Sebastian who gets the award for Friend of the Month. Seriously, Sebastian's put up with a lot of my personal crap over the two years that we've been friends, so the fact that he masterfully skilled the packing operation with my dad is a huge deal to me. This is a photo of us in the van after he made me climb like a monkey onto the stuff behind us so we could tie down some things with a rope.


Sebastian takes a lot of pride in doing things well, and moving heavy furniture and throwing boxes in crazy places in a truck are two more things he obviously takes a lot of pride in. My dad says he should work part time as a mover. Women would probably tip him well because of his sexy accent.

The packing went smoothly and much quicker than we originally anticipated. I'd like to think the ease of this operation had something to do with my great box-packing skills, but I don't really think that's the case. I'm just glad I had the help I did. I mean, this is the truck with 95% of my stuff in it. That's a pretty serious operation.

No comments: