Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Bargain $hopping

One of my favorite things about Pennsylvania (I know, there are a lot of things to choose from) is the fact that there is no sales tax on clothing. I repeat, no sales tax on clothing. Some people find this hard to believe so I wanted to make my point clear.

I absolutely love this. Seriously. It's incredible, especially when things are on sale.

Today, Mom and I went to the outlets in Hershey, PA (home of Chocolate World... magical place). I'm not the biggest fan of these outlets, but they are Mom's hot spot and I had to give in a little since I gave her such a hard time about the bright fuschia puffy vest. I returned the vest today. Thank Jesus. That debacle is in the past.

The great thing about clothing sales in PA is that if something is on sale for say $9.99 and you give the cashier a $10 bill, the cashier will actually give you one penny as change. Phenomenal. Not like in other states where you have to whip out $11.00 to accomodate for some ridiculous tax and then deal with random amounts of change that just weigh down your tiny wallet. Just a penny. Just a penny.

It's the small things really.

I know, I know. You're probably thinking: "Carol, how are unemployed people able to spend a day outlet shopping?" Good question. I'm not really sure I even understand how I pulled it off, but I did. I got some great deals. I'm also proud to report that I stayed true to myself and bought mostly clothes in shades of earth tones. No flashy 80s-style colors for this gal. I feel pretty good about myself actually.

No comments: