Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Fossils

I'm still currently working part time at Bucknell and most days it's something I consider to be pretty boring. There aren't many students around so doing summer project work tends to be fairly independent and uninspiring. However, it is a paycheck and clearly, I need some money and something to do during the week.

I never have voicemail messages. There's really no reason for anyone to call me. But yesterday, I did have a voicemail. I was somewhat excited because I thought maybe it would lead to something interesting to do.

The man who left the message said, "I'm calling to find out who in the geology department I can speak to about a fossil I found." He went on to say that he had called once before about a similar situation.

Um, so he called me. Why?

I don't work in the geology department, and I definitely don't know anything about fossils.

This didn't lead to anything interesting to do, but it was pretty funny for about three minutes of my Monday.

1 comment:

Mrs. McGoo said...

did you get him to the appropriate person? Is there such thing as an appropriate person for such? :)