Friday, February 13, 2009

Lights Out

Last night, I sat down to watch some news with Charlie Gibson, and a few minutes later, the power went out. First I thought it was just my parents' house and I immediately thought, "Crap. I'm the only one home and I have no idea where a flashlight is, where the candles are, or where the fusebox is." I got up and went to the window, though, and noticed it wasn't just our house, but at least our entire part of town; we had a windy day so I figured there was some power line damage. Thankfully, my mom came home a few minutes later and found the flashlight and lit some candles.

After an hour or so of sitting and staring at the wall, I was starting to get antsy. I called my aunt in the neighboring town and asked if I could come over to watch some tube. You see, Survivor was set to premiere at 8pm and I couldn't take any chances of missing it - you know how much I love Survivor. My aunt was so gracious to allow me to hang out at her place, despite the fact she doesn't typically watch Survivor.

Thankfully, the power didn't remain out much later than 8pm in our part of town. This was good because I would have hated to think about having to bunk up elsewhere for the night. It's just a big inconvenience when that happens. And it's pretty creepy to see a large part of town so dark. I don't know how people lived without electricity.

No comments: