Thursday, January 29, 2009

I Hate Winter

The way I see it, the only people who like snow fit into three categories:
1. Fans of winter outdoor sports, like skiing and snowboarding
2. Students and teachers, when school gets delayed or cancelled
3. People who only get to experience snow like once a year

I fell into category three when I was living in the south. On the rare occassion that it would snow, I didn't really mind because it would snow for a few hours, look pretty while falling or covering the ground, and then disappear a few hours later. Snow never stuck around long enough to get dirty or cause havoc for travel. This snow was appreciated.

Now that I'm back in the north, I am reminded that I hate winter as a whole. For starters, I hate being cold. I would rather be grossly sweating in 105 degree weather with intense humidity than to be slightly cold. Furthermore, I really don't like snow in any capacity. I don't like to hear about its arrival, I don't like to see it, and I definitely don't like to deal with it in terms of shoveling or traveling. It just messes with your day. And when you live in a town where snow removal is a poorly executed operation, it just becomes one giant pain in the ass.

I'm not sure how much more of this I can take.

Beach front property sounds pretty good right now.

No comments: