Tuesday, January 06, 2009

Drive for a license, license to drive

Today, my dad and I took a short road trip so I could swap out my Tennessee Driver's License for a new Pennsylvania one! I'm no longer the recipient of a southern state license. How liberating!

Some of my city friends might be surprised that I had to drive 20 miles to go to a driver's license center. The closest one is really about 8 miles away, however, it serves such a small area that it's only open to perform these transactions on Fridays. I had to move on this so we decided it would be worth the trip of a few more miles. The small town perk here is that it only took about 30 minutes to complete this process, not like in Memphis where it could take practically a whole day.

As Dad and I drove along, we discussed how some areas of central PA are somehwat odd. Like in all honesty, I know Mount Carmel is a unique place and many people find it particularly strange, but sometimes the deeper you drive into the coal region, the weirder life becomes. Mount Carmel might be strange, but it's definitely a lot better than... well, let's just leave these other towns nameless so as to not hurt anyone's feelings.

No comments: