Thursday, July 20, 2006

The Office...

No, not the fantastic comedy on the television. The actuall office in which I work. Actual conversation at today's staff retreat regarding the use of a new system at work to ensure people are paid correctly for their time spent serving as easy buttons for our beloved students:

Boss (B): On the system, I am superuser.
Second in Command (SC): I am user, but also proxy so when you are away, I am superuser.
Office Coordinator (OC): I am acknowledger.
Counselor (C): Can I get power to be superuser for certain people, then you, Boss, can be proxy for that?
B: So when SC is away, she is proxy for that?
C: Yes. Then you only have to worry about full-time staff. I would deal with part-time.
OC: I just OK everything. I am acknowledger.
SC: What am I again? Proxy? When would I change?
B: OC, you need to find out if C can be superuser for part-timers and I have proxy. And then I am superuser for everything else and SC is proxy when I am away.
C: I think it's called queue.
B: I think you're right.
SC: What am I again?
OC: I am acknowldger. I click OK.
B: So we're all set? Let's see if that works.
Me: What the hell just happened?
Everyone else: Stares blankly. Some chuckle at the ridiculousness of it all.
Me: Did each of you just create these fake titles for yourselves or was that serious?
B: Oh, it's serious.
Me: Hmm. Do I need to know any of that?
B: No. Just enter your time correctly.
Me: OK. And by the way, you're all wacked.

Seriously, this was the conversation. Who comes up with this shit?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

All I can say is:
Regulators Ready. . .