Saturday, July 15, 2006

My sincerest apologies...

Dear avid readers of the blog (all 12 of you):

My sincerest apologies for the recent departure of blog entries from yours truly. I was experiencing a life change. No, I'm not talking about menopause or my quarter-life crisis (though, I am certain that is just around the corner). I am talking about the recent upgrade of my personal life.

No, I don't have a boyfriend.

But I do have a roommate, for only the second time of my life.

That's right. I bucked up and decided I needed to make some improvements to my personal life. So I moved in with my work buddy. I said "Adios" to my old apartment in the wannabe-retirement community, and and said "Hola" to a new community and a new experience.

After one week, I am pleased to announce it was a solid move.

I was content where I was living, despite the lack of personal stimulation. But when the idea was made to move, I was immediately overwhelmed by my new and improved upgrades.

The short list of upgrades includes:
-instant access to Beale St via trolley versus the 30 minute car ride downtown
-kick ass roommate instead of occassional bugs
-washer and dryer instead of community laundry room
-huge closet where another person could practically live versus a smaller one
-cooking dinner for my roommate versus having to eat leftovers for a week straight
-shower stall without tile versus shower stall with tile AND slippery floor where I was pretty convinced every morning that I would slip, crack my head off the soap dish, and die a slow death, naked for days before someone found me

There are many more, but these have risen as the top notch upgrades of the recent week.

And finally, the cable and internet connections are back and life is pretty much perfect.

I am sorry to have let my readers down this past week. I promise to post more regularly, so you professional blog readers can keep on fighting the fight.

Cheers.
Carol V

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Since I am homeless perhaps I could live in your closet?

Welcome back to the blog!