Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Coffeeshops, Aliens, and Susan... oh my!

My friend, Susan, a perpetual and dedicated reader of my blog, is currently finishing the writing of her master’s thesis. She has spent the last two months or so exploring many a coffee shop in the Cincinnati area in order to indulge in caffeine while working on the beast that is her thesis. Most days, Susan IMs me at work to tell me of a particularly interesting individual who just visited the coffee shop and does something peculiar, like Old Lady who was singing to everyone. Sometimes it may just be that they look peculiar, like the Elton John Look A Like or the 14-year-old Rob Thomas. Today, she was pleased to tell me the following story. I recount it here with our IM conversation, in her words and my reaction to the occurrence:

Susan: new story
Susan: these kids just walked in
Susan: like a 4 year old and 6 year old
Susan: and their mom is wandering around and they come over to me and sit on a big comfy chair
Me: nice
Susan: so the older one tells the brother that he is an alien
Susan: he knows this because the aliens went into the little one's head
Susan: and once they get in, they wrap themselves around your brain and make you an alien
Susan: FOREVER
Me: HAHAHAHA
Susan: so the little one says "get it out of my head"
Susan: so the older one starts hitting him on the head
Me: lol
Susan: and the little one thanked him
Me: can i put this on my blog
Susan: yes
Susan: that is actually how that happened
Me: Coffeeshops, Aliens, and Susan... oh my!
Susan: they are hiding behind a wall now
Susan: so i dont know what's going on
Susan: I wonder if the alien is coming out
Me: lol
Susan: the little one came back and sat down by me
Susan: i said hello
Susan: he is now playing with his sandles
Susan: making train noises. . .
Susan: he just kicked his brother
Susan: who told him the alien was trying to kill him
Susan: and hit him
Susan: mom just told them to stop
Susan: and as they walked out
Susan: the little one said "I'm telling you. I'm not an alien."
Me: lol
Me: thats priceless

Seriously, you can't make this stuff up. Children are priceless.

I wonder if this alien theory is true. I know some people who may fit the mold...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

P.S. The alien kids had matching t-shirts on from a library summer reading program. PROOF that reading improves the imagination!