Tuesday, December 26, 2006

1,087 miles from Graceland

That's right: I traveled 1,087 miles to get home for the holidays. It's a good thing I love my car because this was perhaps the most unenjoyable road trip I've experienced thus far. A trip that expanded over 3 days and 14 hours on the road in terrential downpours throughout eastern Tennessee and all of Virginia made me about want to drive into a ditch numerous times. Thank God the great commonwealth of Virginia has a Sheetz and a Dunkin Donuts at just about every exit because that made it all the better when I needed to stop the driving madness.

I am going to do this all again, hopefully without the rain, on Friday of this week to head back to Elvis-land. Good thing cousin Jen will be there to entertain me - should be a blast.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh, I want to take a road trip!