Tuesday, December 05, 2006

It's Been a While...

I haven't posted on my beloved blog in quite some time. The fact of the matter is, really, that I haven't had anything all that interesting to think about and then write about - I guess I've hit a stalemate with my observations.

November was a pretty good month overall though, including some firsts.

1. Finally got to travel with one of the teams I work with for their tournament. It was quite the learning experience, I must say.
2. Took a whole week of vacation to spend Thanksgiving at home. This was good because normally I don't get home until late on Wednesday night and everyone else is already wasted except me, which is not really much fun. This year, however, allowed me to get drunk with everyone else, which was quite the fun.
3. First time I ever needed a connecting flight in Chicago O'Hare airport in which I didn't have to walk across the entire airport to find my plane. In fact, my connection back to Memphis left from the exact same gate I landed at from Harrisburg... shocker!

And finally, this was the first year in about seven that I didn't get ridiculously mad about "Christmas before Thanksgiving". If you know me well, you know this is my biggest pet peeve because I adore Thanksgiving and feel it gets overlooked by the ridiculous overcommercialization and stress of preparing for Christmas. I didn't even get that mad when I went to the mall and got bombarded by the Santa Claus at the photo booth. I guess I just wasn't in the mood to be angry about people's madness. So it's either that I lost my ability to be emotional or I was just too tired to care. Either way, I wasn't mad and that's probably a good thing.

Perhaps December will bring some good stories to share.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I got mad about Christmas before Thanksgiving, as I had to look at it every day at work starting right around Nov. 10. GROSS.