Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Out with the old and in with the new.

Adios 2006!

The past year was pretty phenomenal. For starters, I solidified a full time job with a real salary and real benefits. This alone made the year excellent because a real pay check each month afforded me numerous opportunities to experience things I wouldn't otherwise have experienced. Moving into a new apartment in a new location in Memphis was also a wise decision that has proven to be worthwhile. I've much more enjoyed Memphis because of where I live and what I can easily access in terms of entertainment and dining. In general, life was pretty good in 2006 - I learned a great deal about myself and what I want from my daily experiences, and I have gained a new perspective on my approach to life in general.

Most importanly, though, 2006 was a great year for me to build new friendships and savor exisiting friendships. For those of you who've been there through all of the madness and chaos of the past year, you know I appreciate you and your friendship! Thanks for that!

So now it's time to welcome 2007! I am pretty excited about the upcoming year, and I have a great outlook on what is headed my way.

First, I am pumped about my job, and I am looking forward to what learning and growth and memories my students will bring over the next year. Second, I am excited about the places I will travel to in the next year, which at this point are still to be determined, but I am confident my travels will take me to many exciting places where I can experience great people and great moments. Third, I am looking forward to my personal challenges and goals because I think the timing is right for me to really make some good changes to my personal life. Here's the short list:

1. Cook meals more often and eat out less.
2. Curse less and compliment more.
3. Drink more water and less caffeine.
4. Eat more vegetables and less junk food.
5. Read more books and watch less television.
6. Exercise more and lounge less.
7. Savor as much time as possible with excellent people and spend less time worrying about those who aren't worth it.

That's the nitty gritty, more or less.

Here's wishing for high hopes in 2007!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

holler hydration!

Rachel L. said...

Love it dude, you are truly an inspiration! I have some killer yummy recipes if you want them! and some freakin awesome books to read. GO YOU!

Anonymous said...

Just getting caught up on the blog. . . I think DETROIT should be on your list of places to travel, I'll take you to a baseball game :)