Saturday, February 04, 2006

Every girl wants to be a princess...

This evening, in the spirit of my Saturday night loserhood, I watched one of my favorite channels between commercials of college hoops-- the food network. I love the food network, not only for it's signature favorite chefs and their creations but for their competitions and specials. Tonight's special highlight: Disney weddings.

I figured there had to be something interesting in this one-hour special. This is Disney we're talking about.

One of the first lines of the show was "Every girl wants to be a princess."

Um, excuse me? I proudly think not. And I immediately lost interest in the madness.

Myth number 1: Not every woman wants to be a princess.

Being a woman should not even come close to implying a desire for princess-ness, thank you very much. This female can do without the lace, the frills, the fancy.

Why do people in this world pretend that women want to be princesses? I can only think of one thing about being a princess that appeals to me -- awesome food whenever I want it. Notice I didn't say frilly dresses and astonishing jewelry.

Is there something wrong with not wanting to be a princess? No, there's not.

And for those men out there not looking for women who want to be princesses, I can guarantee there's more than just me.

So, sorry food network, you hit a nerve.

Back to hoops for this non-princess.

1 comment:

Rachel L. said...

Being a princess doesnt have to mean frilly lace and elaborate jewelry. DEFINE PRINCESS....haha

We are all princesses of a King.