Sunday, September 24, 2006

She's funny and she's hott.

I'm talking about my roommate, Jessie.

On Friday, she had me in complete hysterics. Granted, I was laughing at her at her own expense, but she's just so funny sometimes. She was telling a friend of mine and I about her youth struggles with speech. She said, "When I was younger, I couldn't pronounce r's in the middle of words and I had to go to speech therapy." This happened to her in grades 7 through 9, not grades 2 through 5 like we originally thought. So we had a nice chuckle that she went to special classes to learn how to say words with r's in them, at the ripe age of 13 entering high school.

Later she told us that her best friend at the time had the name Laurel. Jessie couldn't pronounce Laurel so she called her "Lowell". Ha. Funny.

She also said her favorite game growing up was "Red Rover."

"Wed wover, wed wover, call Lowell right over."

HAHAHAHAHA. Funny times ten.

We keep giving her a hard time about this, not because we want to make fun of her, but because the irony is purely hysterical. I felt it necessary to share.


Last night, Jessie helped me witness a situation I've only previously seen on television and movies. We were at one of our favorite bars in Memphis with some of our favorite Memphis friends. Jessie had a rough night as MSU blew the game against Notre Dame and she's an MSU fan. In any case, Jessie was drinking more than she normally might. Now, Jessie is attractive. I know this because I live with her. I also know this because students at work repeatedly ask me, "Do you live with the hot counselor that works with basketball?"

Yes, yes I do.

Well, last night at the bar, Jessie got hit on.

Not just by a man. Not just by two men. But by two men and their girlfriends.

That's right. Two couples hit on Jessie. One of the men actually said, "My girlfriend wants to meet you. Please give me your number."

The look on Jessie's face was a priceless look - the "Oh my God, someone help me" look. But none of us did. We just watched, observed and laughed hysterically.

At the end of the night, my friend asked her, "Jessie, did you give him your number?"

Jessie said, "I gave him a number, but I can't say it's mine."

Ah, priceless.

Thanks for the memories and good times, roomie.

No comments: