Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Ah, comfy clothes.

I'm trying to get back in shape, which is quite the arduous task for my fat, lazy, tv-watching ass. Said effort began this past Monday. While I will not recount my absolute disgrace of attempting to work out, I will say that my shins have been sore since Monday. I did battle through the pain to work out again today, but it will take some time to adjust.

I woke up this morning tired and sore. This is when the shins started to hurt the most.

In my previous life as a student, this was a day I'd throw on my favorite red sweats, a hoodie and a hat and roll out to class. In my life as a "real person"/"professional", however, it would be inappropriate to show up to work in sweats and a hat.

So I opted for my favorite pair of linen pants - they're slightly larger than they need to be, but that's why I like them. They are comfy. And on a day like today, I needed comfy. I needed to pretend I was wearing sweats so I could take off my shoes and sit Indian style at my desk. It helped me battle through what has become my typical work day of listening to students whine and ask me stupid questions. Thank God for the comfy clothes.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wore scrubs 3 days last week -- just because I could

Anonymous said...

Just come to the woods--all we do is wear comfy clothes. But, a bit of a caveat...we don't shower often!