Monday, May 08, 2006

Music Fest: Recap Two - The Madness

Three days of participation in the Beale St. Music Festival provide countless opportunities to examine the madness of our fellow human beings. A rehash of my general observations:

*Why is it that you can smell the pot, but you can never see the pot?

*White men, particularly white men tripping on acid and/or drunk, can't dance.

*Hippies are more suited to events such as this. They don't mind being dirty and smelly or a seriously disgusting combination of both. Hippies win.

*Funnel cakes and beer should be provided in discount combination packages.

*I hate back packs and concert-goers who wear them, particularly those who are 5'10, 250 pounds with no neck who repeatedly smash me in the arm and back with said back pack.

*It's hard being a Cubs fan in the dirty south. I'm not, so this doesn't effect me, but Bridget almost got in a few fights because of her Cubs attire.

*Port-a-potties are disgusting. This is just another example of male domination over the female. Men can use a port-a-potty minus the extreme risks women experience, and for that, I am a bitter party of one.

*People who wear cargo pants and make use of every pocket until they are bulging from one's sides should invest in new gear -- you just look stupid.

*Jean on jean crime is on the rise. Do you know how many fellow humans wear a combination of jeans with a jean jacket? It's just wrong.

*Fanny packs are also wrong. It's not the 80s people, get with the program.

*Public displays of affection might be my least favorite thing to witness. I don't mind a little hand holding or a little kiss here and there, but those people who got at it in broad daylight drive me nuts. We get it, you're happy. Do you have to rub it in the faces of us single folk? Barf.

I think that about covers the main ridiculousness observed.

My main accomplishments:
-Raise tolerance to second hand smoke - check.
-Raise tolerance to second hand pot - check.
-Raise tolerance to other people's ridiculousness - um, not sure I accomplished this -- people drive me nuts.

Volunteer bouncer 243, will you marry me? We can produce music festival loving babies. I promise it will be worth it.

Aren't you sad you missed the madness? Then again, what is a music festival without madness? Boring, that's what, and this weekend was certainly far from it.

1 comment:

Bridget said...

Those were 2 excellent recaps of our Music Fest experience. Thanks for the memories. GO CUBS!