Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Worth the wait???

The saying, "Good things come to those who wait", is applyed by many a people in many a situation. It's often spoken as a means of encouragement, a bit of advice to those longing for something they so desperately need. More often than not, it's a way to justify hoping for something desired, not something that necessarily can be considered a "need" but rather a "want."

The Counting Crows, one of my most favorite bands of all time, announced on March 31 that they will go on tour this summer with the Goo Goo Dolls, another of my most favorite bands of all time. You cannot imagine the excitement and the exclamations of joy when I read this announcement. I have long waited for the return of Adam Duritz on stage, as I missed the Counting Crows last tour a few years back. Adam Duritz on the same stage with Johnny Reznick -- can there be a better combination?

I have not one doubt that the few years Counting Crows fans like myself have waited for this moment were well worth the wait. This is truly a "good thing" that I will appreciate much more this summer because of the suspense I've experienced over the past few years.

The question is not how great these concerts will be. The only question is: how far will I travel to attend these amazing shows?

Giddy up, friends, it's soon time to rock out to the amazing music of the Counting Crows and the Goo Goo Dolls. Who wants to join me??

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i'm in. jim's in. can't wait.

maybe this could be our reward for being study buddies.