Sunday, April 16, 2006

A nice night for a ball game.

I usually enjoy an evening of relaxing and spectating at baseball games. Therefore, I suggested that last night, my aunt and uncle and I head down to Autozone Park to watch the Memphis Redbirds play (a triple A affiliate of the St. Louis Cardinals). The Redbirds started their season 0-8 going into last night's game, so it was anyone's guess just how worthwhile the experience would be. The field of play, however, left no disappointments.

The Redbirds actually won, and there were some great hits and plays, including five home runs. In addition, it was the perfect night for a ball game -- the sun had just set, it was in the 70s, and there was a nice breeze. Tickets were $8.00. We had some BBQ Nachos and a Funnel Cake. All in all, the game fulfilled my every spectating desire.

Sporting events are always a good time to explore the endless examples of ridiculousness in America and people that annoy me. Two good examples:


First, we sat near a little league team and their parents who were honored as the team of the game or something. Cute kids, really. But throughout the entire game, they acted like total morons. Half of the time, their parents acted just the same. A good example came in the 7th inning when about half the team thought it would be a good idea to stand right in front of us and other spectators right against the field wall. You would think ONE of these many parents would be conscious of the fact that all of these kiddies were blocking the happy spectating view of others. You would think any ONE of the kids may have been taught by their parents to be conscious of others around them. Yeah right. Good one. So instead of any of these kids or parents realizing they were obstructing the views of many, the seat attendant had to tell them to get the hell out of people's views. I can't help but wonder if these parents then felt like assholes for not having the common sense or the decency to do the right thing. Then again, many parents nowadays are idiots and their children will grow up to be idiots as well. Just one of the many things wrong with America and one of the many types of people that annoy me.

Second, I want to introduce you to the mother I like to call "Feathered Bangs" -- this woman was a sight for sore eyes. Now I know I am not the most fashionable female around and I don't care much about appearance but this woman annoyed me so much I just couldn't help reacting. First of all, she sat in the front row of the section in direct sight to my view of home plate. Not only did she not watch ANY of the game because she talked to her sister behind her the entire time, but because of this, I had to stare at her awful hairdo the entire game. All I wanted to say was, "Honey, feathered bangs went out many moons ago. Get with the program." Yes, you are correct in your assumptions if you're wondering what a woman with feathered bangs would wear -- high cut, stonewash faded jeans with tapered legs and a t-shirt tucked so far into said jeans that she probably had a reverse weggie. Her dress was only one thing that annoyed me. More so, she annoyed me because I had to look in her direction for every pitch and she failed to watch one second of the game. Why do people go to events that they don't watch? Seems like a ridiculous waste of money. Not only that, but when half the team obstructed everyone's view, she sat right next to them and said nothing, like a dumbass. She is a good example of people who annoy me.

All in all though, it was a nice night for a ball game. I am excited I get to redeem my tickets for another game so I can enjoy another baseball game and more ridiculousness from people who annoy me. Can there be a better way to spend one's evening?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm getting my haircut tomorrow. . . if I feathered my bangs would you still be my friend?