Monday, May 04, 2009

Memphis Trip, Recap 5

OK, so I dropped the ball on recapping my trip. It seems like it was ages ago, even though it was only a few weeks. I have a weird perspective on time right now, probably because I have so much time to do whatever I want with. Anyway, here's the summary on the rest of my trip.

On Saturday night, Sebastian and I went out again. The bottom line is it wasn't the most fun I've ever had. I'm not saying it wasn't enjoyable, because it was, it just wouldn't have been my first choice of where to be and who to spend time with on such a short visit. Thank God for Rachel - she always comes through in the clutch and was definitely the highlight of the evening. We had a good time continuing to catch up while not getting too crazy. I ran into some random former students which was kind of fun, but overall it was just your pretty average night out...

until 2am, that is.

Around 2am, some of my former soccer students showed up and were, you could say, a little out of control. But these guys always make me laugh, and laugh I did. I don't even really know what prompted such random chanting of Irish soccer songs and other craziness, but it was definitely a good time to laugh loud and laugh hard. I guess I was still pretty wired because I had Sebastian drop me off to hang out with some other former soccer students late in the evening/early morning. The events that transpired past 3am are not for all to hear about, so I'll just keep those memories to myself.

I will say that Rachel gets the award for "Best in Show" as she had the best showing of the former students for hanging out with me and making me laugh so darn much. She's pretty much a legend and I am so glad I got to spend so much time with her.


The remainder of the trip was pretty casual. I had a nice lunch with the golfers and a nice relaxing afternoon hanging out with Sebastian before I headed to the airport. I'd say, overall, it was a very enjoyable and rewarding trip, and apparently exactly what I needed.

No comments: