Saturday, May 16, 2009

A Month Since...

It's been a solid month since my trip to Memphis. I haven't posted about anything in my life since then. I'm not really sure why, as I spend the majority of every day talking to myself about all sorts of random things. Because I only work part time a few hours a day, only a few days a week, I do have a lot of time to play around with, and I spend a lot of this time immersed in my own thoughts. Since my trip to Memphis, it's become fairly obvious to me that there are a few things I miss.

For starters, I generally miss my independence. It's not to say that I don't do what I want every day, because for the most part, I do. But it is to say that I miss having my own world, my own independent world. I miss having my own space in my own apartment. I miss using my own things, like my own pots and pans and my own television. In essence, I miss having control over my living arrangements. I know that's somewhat of a petty thing, and I don't mean to sound unappreciative of the roof over my head and the food on the table, but there's just something about having my own space that I really relish and really miss.

I also miss what I feel is my daily sense of adventure. That's not to say that I had this crazy independent adventurous life at all times because that certainly was never the case. But there's just the sense that when I was out on my own, each day could hold some very different mini-adventures. Living in a city meant I could run into very different random faces at basically every corner. Again, I'm appreciative to be home and spend time with people I normally don't see, but after these few months, it's all become quite routine. Same restaurant. Same bar. Same people. Same gym routines. Repeat.

I guess that lately I've been feeling a little bit bored on a daily basis. Not that job searching is boring by any means, because it's not, but when paired with my general sense of boredom, I find myself quite antsy lately. Physically, I'm ready to move on to my next life phase, but the cosmos have not yet aligned, and I'm stuck - waiting and pondering, waiting and pondering - while going through the daily motions. I haven't freaked out yet or had a breakdown, and I've been quite pleased with my sense of patience, but I'm ready...

ready for what exactly, well, that's still working itself out. I'm pretty certain, though, that I'll know it when I see it.

No comments: