Thursday, October 05, 2006

Captain Cranky Pants

Last night, I went to bed fairly early, mostly because I was tired but mainly because I was sick of being cranky.

I left work cranky, not for any particular reason just the general annoyance with listening to people whine and bitch at me all day long.

I went home to watch tv, and Wednesday night tv sucks for me, so this made me more cranky.

I talked to one of my four friends in Memphis and he reminded me of how much my social and personal life suck so that made me even more cranky.

I figured if I went to bed, I could wake up today and be less cranky.

I fell into a nice sleep and slept well, until a strange dream woke me up around 5am. I had this dream where I walked to a rather average size room and the only people in it were men who met one of the following categories:
a. someone I dated
b. someone I was infatuated with and wanted to date but wouldn't give me the time of day
c. someone I have a current infatuation with but could never date because I'd lose my job

Talk about weird. I don't really know what the point of this gathering was. I was too freaked out I think by the sight of the many males who have repeatedly rejected me over the years that I forced myself awake so as to avoid any REM-drama.

Let's just say, I woke up today feeling cranky.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

so sad! i'm sorry i've been MIA. when i get cranky and have, what you might call "a case of the mondays" i hide from the world under a comforter, sometimes i watch bad tv or an old movie that i dont have to pay attention to. . . and i eat a lot of carbs, like chips and salsa or muffins -- muffins make everything better.