Sunday, November 30, 2008

Thanksgiving Feast

I must say, my first Thanksgiving away from Mount Carmel, PA, was quite successful. I was able to time perfectly a feast fit for a king, which the four of us greatly enjoyed. Kelly was most impressed, I think, by my ability to time everything correctly and keep dishes clean throughout the day, making clean up a cinch.


I am pretty proud of myself. I know it's simple for some people to pull off the coordination of a meal like this, but this was my first true attempt. Turkey, potatoes, stuffing, green bean casserole, corn, rolls, and homemade gravy... all cooked and served to perfection... followed by brownies, pumpkin roll and apple pie. Everything (minus the rolls) was made from scratch, and that makes it even more enjoyable. It really couldn't have been any better.

This experience also reaffirmed how much I love being in the kitchen and how I seriously need to consider and explore this option for my future.

Time for some leftovers!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Yay! Congrats on this feat :) I actually cooked up Thanksgiving dinner for me and Greg and 4 other people this year too... also for the first time! Turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes, glazed carrots, and homemade gravy, everything from scratch, but I let the guests bring the dessert - haha. Glad to hear yours was a success too!