Thursday, June 29, 2006

What I did on my summer vacation...

After attending a conference in Pittsburgh over the weekend, I came home to Mount Carmel for five days for my "summer vacation" - I put this in quotes because those of you who live in, have lived in, or have visited Mount Carmel know that is it definitely not a place one vacations in - rather, it's a place to visit family and friends.

Day 1
-Wake up at 11:30am, totalling 11 hours of sleep. (Haven't done that in a while. Awesome.)
-Eat bowl of cereal.
-Watch World Cup Game. (Loving the soccer, I am.)
-Shower at 3:00pm. (Normally, I wouldn't have showered so early, but I knew I had to avoid Mom's questioning at 3:30pm when she returns from work: "You mean you haven't left the couch all day?" Um, no, frankly, vacation = worthless.)
-Visit Gram & watch Phillies game, total of 12 innings.
-Come home for dinner.
-Eat homemade cavatelli. (Delicious.)
-Sit on couch. Watch news and College World Series. (la de da)
-Wait until 11:30pm to think about going to bed so as to meet 12 hour rule (have to stay awake for entire 12 hours before going to sleep for the night; excludes naps).

Day 2
-Wake up around 11am. (Another quality night of sleep)
-Assist brother Joe in making oatmeal cookies. (Looks Aren't Important Bakery is open for business.)
-Watch World Cup Game. (Still loving the soccer, I am.)
-Shower around 1:30pm.
-Go to Gram's to visit relatives from CA. Engage in good conversation.
-Pick up cousin Jen at 5:00 to go to Bloomsburg for dinner and movie. See "The June Monsoon" for a recap of flood survival.

Day 3
-Arrive home at 10:30am from night before due to flood.
-Eat cereal. (I love cereal. Maybe I should try that Special K - Eat 2 bowls a day diet. NM. I hate diets.)
-Sit on couch.
-Annoy brother. (always fun)
-Put on Phillies game at 1:35pm. Watch Chase Utley bat in first inning.
-Take 3 hour nap.
-Check email and voicemail regarding work. (Completed one work task. Ignored most others.)
-Shower.
-Go to Mattucci's for family dinner. (Stuffed myself.)
-Sat on couch so as to not interrupt food coma.
-Watched NBA Draft. (wanted to see Memphis boys get drafted)
-Watched a rerun of Without A Trace. (best show on tv)
-Watched Anderson Cooper 360. (best news on tv)
-Fell asleep on bed.

Day 4
-Wake up at 8:15am. (way too early for a vacation)
-Shower.
-Eat cereal.
-Aunt picks me up.
-Get pedicure. (Remember, that I do not like feet, so it is strange to realize I allowed someone to touch my feet, but it was nice to be pampered, I won't lie).
-Meet rest of family for lunch. (mmmm. chicken and waffles... delicious.)
-Check email. (Complete one work task; ignore others.)
-Hang out with high school friends.
-Cousin Jen picks me up. Go to mall (45 minutes away).
-Spend $$ I don't have.
-Go to see The Breakup. (Liked 98% of the movie; hated the ending.)
-Fell asleep on couch watching CNN.

Day 5
-Wake up at 10:30am.
-Check email.
-Watch World Cup games.
-Take nap.
-Entertain family.
-Eat pizza for dinner (pizza at home is amazing).
-Make fudge in Joe's "bakery".
-Entertain family.
-Pack.
-Sleep.

Pretty solid week, if you ask me.

No comments: